Payment arrangements must be made prior to the beginning of each term. Millsaps College payment options and specific information pertaining to each are listed below. If you have questions regarding a payment plan, please contact the Business Office at 601-974-1100 or email BusinessOffice@Millsaps.edu for clarification.
Available Payment Options:
Scroll down for more information on each plan.
I. Millsaps Plan
The Millsaps Plan is an interest free, 10-month payment plan covering the annual cost of tuition, comprehensive fee, room, and meal plan for the fall and spring semesters reduced by any financial assistance, including student or parent loans, awarded as of the date indicated on the Millsaps Plan Payment Schedule. All documents and information pertaining to the PLAN will be available during the spring of each year. To participate in the PLAN:
A Bank Draft Authorization form (PDF) must be submitted annually, no later than May 15th, and should include a voided check for account verification purposes. Automatic bank draft is the only way to take advantage of the Millsaps Plan. Bank drafts will be processed on the 5th of each month beginning in June and continuing through March. The Millsaps Plan Payment Schedule includes any awards made by the Office of Financial Aid.
- It is the student's responsibility to make sure that all required financial aid documents have been submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.
- If the financial awards are reduced or eliminated because required documents were not submitted in a timely manner, the resulting balance must be paid in full by the student.
If there is a substantial change in registration charges or financial awards, it is the student's responsibility to contact the Business Office for a revision of the PLAN.
- If the change is a minor one or if you want your monthly payment to remain the same, you should submit a payment to the Business Office to cover the additional expense.
- If the change results in a credit to the student account, the last PLAN payment will be offset by the amount of the credit and the March bank draft amount will be reduced.
You will receive a monthly statement of account reflecting all transactions to the student account. Any charges billed to the student account which are not included in the PLAN must be paid separately. Your monthly bank draft will not be adjusted for miscellaneous charges. The student's account will be charged an insufficient funds fee of $50.00 for returned payments. You may replace the returned payment, including the insufficient funds fee, by credit card, wire transfer, or cashiers check. Recurring returned bank draft payments and delinquent accounts more than 60 days past due will be cause for the student to be dropped from the PLAN. The balance on the student account will be due in full within 30 days. You may withdraw from the PLAN at any time.
- A full refund of payments may be obtained through written request prior to the beginning of the semester.
- If you wish to discontinue the Plan during the school year, any balance on the student account becomes due at that time.
Once a semester has begun, refunds will be determined using the College's refund policy. Refer to Student Account Information for information on refunds.
The Deferred Plan allows the flexibility of dividing the balance due for the current semester into three payments. There is an administrative charge of $50 per semester.
Fall semester due dates:
- 1st - July 15th
- 2nd - September 1st
- 3rd - October 15th
Spring semester due dates:
- 1st - December 15th
- 2nd - February 1st
- 3rd - March 15th
III. Payment in Full
Unless specifically enrolled in a payment plan, full payment of the student account balance should be submitted by July 15th for the fall semester and December 15th for the spring semester. Click here to make an online payment.
IV. Summer School Payment
There is no deferral of payments for summer school. Payment in Full is expected at registration. Enrollment is not complete until payment is received. Registration costs are printed in the Summer Course Schedule.
For additional financial information, refer to Tuition and Fees or to the Financial Information in the College Catalog. For more information, please contact the Business Office at 601-974-1100 or email BusinessOffice@Millsaps.edu.