Millsaps Alumni Statistics
- 79% of the Class of 2013 reported that they are prepared for the next step in their careers. 64% of the class had secured employment and/or candidacy in a graduate school at the time of graduation.
- According to the responses from the Class of 2013, those accepted to graduate or professional school were pursuing degrees in the following fields:
- Arts & Humanities - 13%
- Business - 38%
- Law/Government - 8%
- Medicine & Health Sciences - 15%
- Science and Engineering - 15%
- Theology, Counseling & Education - 11%
- New graduates are attending medical school and other healthcare programs at Louisiana State University Health Science Center, the University of Mississippi Medical Center, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Vanderbilt University, University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy, Howard University, and Tulane University.
- The choices for 2013 grads wishing to obtain degrees in teaching, ministry and counseling are the University of Mississippi, University of Arkansas, University of Alabama Birmingham, and Hunter College.
- Those pursuing law school or graduate programs in government and related fields are attending: Georgetown University, Louisiana State University, the University of Mississippi, Regent University, and Texas Tech.
- For those attending graduate programs in business, 79% chose Millsaps College for the MBA or MAcc program. Other business programs accepting our recently graduate class are Emerson College, Southeastern Louisiana University, University of North Alabama, University of St. Thomas, University of Memphis, University of Mississippi.
- 2013 grads in arts and humanities are going to Middle Tennessee State University, Southern Methodist, The University of Southern Mississippi, Pratt Institute, Louisiana State University, Arkansas State University, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Colorado - Boulder, and The Julliard School.
- The Class of 2013 has chosen to pursue graduate degrees in science or engineering at Mississippi State University, Ohio University, Louisiana State University, Tulane, Mississippi College, and the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Geographically speaking, 6% of the Class of 2013 secured employment abroad in Mexico, Honduras, Spain, Germany, and Austria. . The top states for starting careers were Mississippi (62%), Louisiana (9%), and Texas (4%). Other states: Tennessee, Washington, Florida, Arkansas, and Alaska.
- $37,928 was the average full-time salary offered to 2013 graduates, Bachelor and Master levels.
- Directly after graduation, the Class of 2013 went to work in a variety of fields with titles such as Scholarship Manager, Researcher, Project Geologist, Plant Manager, CEO, Personal Banker, Missionary, Lieutenant Colonel, Implementation Consultant, Data Analyst, Broker, 3rd Grade Teacher, Utility Services Manager, and Accountant.
- Horne LLP, Ernst & Young, Entergy Services, Clarksdale School District, City of New Orleans, Brown Bottling Group, AmeriCorps, Foster Marketing, and Forman-Perry, and Millsaps College are just a few of our employers who hired members of the Class of 2013.
For more information, please call 601-974-1346
(Updated July 2013)