Office of Communications and Marketing
- Press releases - The Millsaps Office of Communications routinely issues press releases to local, regional, and national media outlets. Press releases cover campus news and events, announce new programs and initiatives, and notify the community of special gifts to the College. Current press releases are available online for the convenience of Millsaps web users; archived press releases can be obtained by contacting the Office of Communications. For more information about event publicity deadlines, click here.
- Hometowners - Office of Communications staff members regularly send out press releases detailing student achievement. These releases are sent to local papers in students' hometowns. Hometowners are sent out for every student who makes the Dean's or President's lists, each student who graduates from Millsaps, students who are tapped into honorary organizations, students honored at Awards Day, students who become staff members of the campus newspaper and yearbook, all incoming freshmen who receive scholarships to Millsaps, and students winning other honors.
- Television coverage - If your campus story has a good visual angle or involves issues or people that are local news-makers, the Millsaps Office of Communications will often arrange for television coverage.
- Responses to reporters - Office of Communications staff members field a large number of media-related calls and electronic queries each year, providing information about Millsaps for stories and searching for on-campus experts to comment on local or national news.
- News conferences - For announcements of major interest to local media, the Office of Communications coordinates press conferences. Attending reporters often represent a cross-section of media: newspapers, television stations and radio stations.
- Special events - The Office of Communications frequently aids in the planning of special events on campus. The office is instrumental in organizing Commencement ceremonies, the annual Millsaps Nova program, various academic conferences and other special events.
- Publications - Office of Communications staff members produce the Millsaps Magazine, administer and collect information for the Millsaps Expert Guide and maintain the Millsaps newsclip books that can be found in various offices around campus. Publications staff members produce a variety of brochures, programs and other printed documents for College consitutents. In addition, publications staff members are also responsible for new editions of the College catalog and the annual campus directory.
- Web management - The Millsaps web manager consults with members of the Millsaps community and guides them in web page development. Web services also include the maintenance of consistent navigation and standards within the entire Millsaps website. The Millsaps web manager is responsible for leading new web initiatives, supporting the Millsaps Alumni Online Community and responding to site-wide web problems.
- Photo support - The Millsaps Office of Communications provides photo support for recruiting, fund raising and publicity purposes.
- Advertising - The Millsaps Office of Communications arranges for newspaper and radio advertising for the College.