Four Years. Guaranteed.
The Millsaps College Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
At Millsaps College, we focus on providing you with the knowledge and skills necessary
to succeed in your career of choice – and we also recognize the value of beginning
that career as soon as possible.
Our Compass Curriculum, degree requirements, and major requirements ensure that you can choose your own
path to graduation in four years (or fewer) with a bachelor's degree under the following
- Declare a major by the spring of sophomore year by filing a Declaration of Major form.
You may change majors and still expect the four-year guarantee if, at the time of
the change, requirements of the new major can be met within the remaining semesters
of the four-year plan.
- Remain in good academic standing at the College, including avoidance of Conduct or
Honor Code violations resulting in failed classes or suspension.
- Successfully complete all academic requirements of the College and departments, including
the writing proficiency, writing reflection, and comprehensive examination. In addition,
course work for the Compass Curriculum, Degree, and Major must be completed, and students
must earn the necessary final grade for progression in the program.
- Earn at least 16 semester hours of credit each semester.
- Meet with your faculty advisor prior to registration each term to review your course
plan and monitor your academic progress. Notify your faculty advisor immediately if,
for any semester, you are unable to register for a required course needed for your
major or for graduation.
- Apply for graduation by the stated deadline published in the college catalog.
- If a course necessary for graduation is unavailable or full, petition the Academic
Dean in writing for an accommodation prior to the beginning of classes in the last
term of the student’s four-year plan.
If you meet all of the above conditions but are unable to graduate in four years,
Millsaps College will waive additional tuition and mandatory fees for courses required
for graduation. That’s our guarantee to you.