Coordinator of Residence Life
The Coordinator of Residence Life is a full-time professional staff member in the Division of Student Life. The successful candidate will provide management and leadership in residential facilities housing 700 students. The Coordinator reports to the Associate Dean of Students for Residence Life and is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for residential and fraternity housing assignment process providing oversight for accurate data entry and billing information.
- Ensure accuracy of housing records including: room assignments, room changes, check-in and check-out, occupancy reports, rosters, student/guest billing and other administrative records.
- Plan, execute, evaluate and assess social programs, social-recreational events, and student-community building occasions that support a diverse student population.
- Serve as the primary level judicial officer for undergraduates, providing fundamental fairness, enforcing college policy, and developing educational sanctions for conduct infractions.
- Provide training for the Student Conduct & Review Council and oversee judicial hearings.
- Provide support to the Student Life administrator responsible for fraternity housing in relation to safety, health, and occupancy of fraternity housing.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean of Residence Life, coordinate May Term/Summer Housing as well as Late-Stays and Early Arrivals (intersession housing).
- Administer programming budget.
- Serve as Liaison to Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Grounds. Report and follow up on maintenance, housekeeping and safety concerns in and around the residential facilities.
- Attend weekly Residence Life Staff meetings and monthly Student Life Staff meetings.
- Maintain and update the Residence Life webpage in coordination with Associate Dean of Students for Residence Life.
- Participate in the on-duty rotation during weekdays, weekends, holidays and college breaks for residential issues and campus crisis intervention. Provide appropriate follow-up to any issues.
- Provides training instruction for Residence Life Staff Training.
- Maintain and update as needed the Residence Life Staff Manual.
- Provide direction for the Residence Life student staff as needed.
- Reside on campus in one of the College’s residential facilities and be available to conduct periodic walkthroughs and assessments of the halls.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in College Student Personnel Administration, Counseling, or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of previous Student Life experience.
- Practical experience in residence life, housing, or Student Life.
- Desire to continue fostering a strong residence life program through creative and educational plans and objectives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and web design.
- Evening and weekend availability is expected.
- The Coordinator of Residence Life reports to the Associate Dean of Students for Residence Life.
- Salary, on-campus apartment includes utilities, internet, television cable, parking, phone service, and maintenance.
- Millsaps College benefits package.
Send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Coordinator of Residence Life Search Committee
Attn: Patrick Cooper, Chair
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
Applicants may also submit the above requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Applications and materials will be accepted until the successful candidate is designated. First review will be given to candidates who apply by February 1, 2018.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening.