Director of Annual Giving
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Executive Director of Development. This individual is responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program designed to increase unrestricted gifts, serve as a foundation for major and planned gifts, support the overall development and campaign goals of the College, and ensure that Millsaps remains competitive among peers as measured externally by dollars raised and percentage participation.
This position is full-time equivalent with evening and weekend requirements.
- Establish goals for all programs within the Annual Giving Campaign and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving those goals.
- Plan and implement Campaign for Annual Leadership Gifts ($1,000 - $25,000) consisting of direct mail, phone, and face-to-face solicitation by staff and volunteers.
- Manage a portfolio of alumni, parent, and friend Presidents Society donors / prospects ($1,000+).
- Develop coordinated Annual Fund solicitation and stewardship strategies and materials involving direct mail, email, telephone contacts, personal visits, and volunteer engagement – all focused on establishing a sustainable tradition of annual support.
- Work effectively with the Associate Vice President for Development Operations (AVP) to develop a strategic communications and stewardship plan for the Annual Fund.
- Work effectively with AVP and Manager of Development Information Systems (MDIS) to create a marketing segmentation plan for soliciting donors/prospects as well as systemizing benchmarking and data analysis reports.
- Work effectively with Major Gift Officers to build strategies for securing leadership annual fund gifts and moving annual fund donors to higher levels.
- Create, develop, and sustain an effective volunteer component within the annual giving program including but not limited to the Parent Leadership Council. Manage the PLC as a group of parent leaders who give at the Presidents Society level and help solicit $1,000+ gifts from other parents.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Annual Giving.
- Direct and supervise the Annual Fund yearly budget.
- Assist with Institutional Advancement and campus wide events as necessary.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director of Development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years successful experience in fund raising or related fields, preferably annual giving programs.
- Proven experience in face-to-face gift solicitations with track record of success.
- Goal oriented with ability to provide direction, supervision, and motivation to staff and volunteers.
- Strong oral / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated record of completing projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to successfully manage multi-functional areas.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong decision-making skills, ability to work with confidential information; tact and discretion are essential.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Send resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Sloan McKellar
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
Applicants may also submit the above requirement by email to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.