Electronic Communication Specialist
The Electronic Communication Specialist, reporting to the Director of Enrollment Operations,
supports all aspects of the electronic communications process for the Millsaps Admissions
Undergraduate Office and Graduate Office. The major area of responsibility includes
maintaining and creating all aspects of the communication workflow using Slate CRM
- Manage face-to face communication, workflow coordination, creation of templates and
forms, validation and distribution of electronic communication for our freshman, transfer,
international and graduate prospects, inquiries and applicants.
- Create, manage and maintain all electronic and hard copy communications as needed.
- Configuration, testing, mapping and maintenance of all data imported into Slate CRM
and all exports into Datatel, including application and inquiry data, test scores,
transcripts and other documents submitted as part of the application process.
- Providing, maintaining, and monitoring user access for Slate CRM.
- Manage upgrades, handle critical user issues, and ensure high performance of Slate
- Facilitate training efforts individually and/or group sessions on database and device
functionality for immediate team members and other College staff.
- Under direction of supervisor, assist in the creation and design of reports and dashboard
configurations from CRM data, according to appropriate roles and user need.
- Under direction of supervisor, assess and ensure best practice security standards
for work flow and data exchange.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments.
- Ability to participate in professional face-to-face, written, and virtual communication
and training with department administrators, staff, other personnel, hardware/software
vendors, technical support staff, and the college community in general.
- Able to assist in determining technical problems in person or over the phone and use
independent judgment and professional principles to create a best-fit solution.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and technological), able to work in
team environments and individually.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, think creatively, solve problems and take initiative.
- A minimum of two years successful experience with database management or report writing.
- Experience assisting in designing and maintaining software deployments and implementations.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information
for three employment-related references to Tammy Champion, firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION SEARCH.
Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background
screening. Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications
from women and minorities.