Assistant to the Dean - Else School of Management
Located in the Office of the Dean of the Else School of Management, this position serves as personal assistant to the Dean and provides general support to the faculty of the Else School of Management.
- Acts in liaison capacity between the Dean, the Else faculty and staff, other divisions of the College and the general public.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Maintains the budget, including responsibility for Individual Spending Allowances, profit-generating programs, assignment of funds and monitoring of expenses.
- Processes bills and deposits, reviewing for appropriate support and assigning appropriate accounts before forwarding to the Business Office for payment. Generates monthly reports.
- Observes the need for administrative or procedural notices or instructions to faculty and staff. Devises and installs office procedures.
- Hires and supervises student workers, setting and monitoring work schedules and performances; providing appropriate paperwork to the Business Office.
- Provides secretarial support to the staff and faculty as necessary including preparing marketing and recruiting mail-outs, correspondence, and typing and printing recommendation letters and letters.
- Provides primary oversight of technology in the class and conference rooms, including computers, smartboards, projectors, as well as shared printers and copiers.
- Responsible for routine administrative matters of the Else School of Management including, but not limited to, maintenance of the schedule of building assignments; reservations for equipment, meeting rooms and computer labs; maintenance of office supplies and equipment, and oversight of keys and office assignments.
- Maintains the Dean’s calendar, including scheduling appointments.
- Develops meeting agendas for the Else faculty meetings; takes minutes; schedules meetings for standing committees of the Else School
- Handles travel arrangements for the Dean, and at times the faculty, including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, etc.
- Receives incoming telephone calls for the Dean and the Else School, determining the identity and nature of the calls and personally handling the calls as appropriate.
- Receives incoming mail, determining that which can be handled personally, which must go to the Dean immediately, and which can be forwarded to other staff. Processes outgoing mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years of administrative assistant experience, which includes experience in providing high-level administrative support and support for special projects and confidential work.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, bending or crouching.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Carry/deliver office supplies. Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Talk and hear.
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three references who may be contacted about the candidate’s experience and past performance. Review of applications will begin on August 30, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Materials, including resume, references and letter, should be submitted via email to Ms. Naomi Freeman (email@example.com). Please write Assistant to the Dean in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.