Assistant to the Dean of the Else School of Management
The Else School of Management at Millsaps College invites applications for the Assistant
to the Dean of the Else School.
The Assistant reports directly to the Dean of the Else School of Management.
- Applicants must be able to work independently on assigned projects with minimal supervision
and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Applicants must be able to maintain budget and spending accounts.
Applicants must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, telephone
etiquette, and the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
Applicants must be proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
etc.), modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment, spelling, grammar
Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintaining the budget, including monitoring receipts and expenses and processing
- Devising and implementing administrative procedures.
- Hiring and supervising student workers.
- Providing secretarial support to the Dean and faculty as necessary.
- Providing primary oversight of technology in the classes and conference rooms.
- Overseeing routine administrative matters of the Else School of Management
- Maintaining the Dean’s calendar.
- Developing meeting agendas and taking minutes for the Else faculty meetings
- Making travel arrangements for the Dean, and at times the faculty.
- Receiving incoming telephone calls and mail for the Dean and the Else School.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three references
who may be contacted about the candidate’s experience and past performance. Review
of applications will begin on August 30, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Materials, including resume, references and letter, should be submitted via email
to Ms. Naomi Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please write Assistant to the Dean in the subject line of the email. No phone calls
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MIllsaps College
to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful
completion of a background screening.