Office of Records

The Office of Records at Millsaps College serves as the Registrar’s Office, Office of Institutional Research and Reporting, and provides leadership in data strategy related to data governance, inventory, privacy, standards, analytics and literacy.

Staff, Responsibilities and Contact Information

Staff, their responsibilities and their contact information can be found here. Once you review that link, if you are unsure of who to contact, please email the following general accounts:

Millsaps College
Office of Records
1701 N. State St.
Campus Box 150436
Jackson, MS 39210-0001

Office Hours

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday


Gertrude C. Ford Academic Complex First floor, Suite 142

Institutional Research & Reporting

Millsaps participates in many surveys and compliance reports; for a full list, see here.

For Common Data Set reports for college guidebook publishers, see here.

Reports for Benchmarking

For a list of peer institutions for benchmarking purposes, see here.


The Office of Records can be found here.

Records Office Forms

Records Office forms are available for download here; they are fillable once downloaded.

Ordering an Offical Transcript

Millsaps partners with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official transcripts. Students and alumni can request an electronic or paper transcript from the clearinghouse here. The first time you request an official transcript, you will be required to set up a username and password. The clearinghouse website will walk you through placing your order, including any associated fees. Additionally, the Clearinghouse will send you updates as your order progresses through the process, including when the transcript is sent.

Please note that Millsaps College archives transcripts from the following institutions: Millsaps College (1890-present), Wood College (a college in existence from 1886-2003), Grenada College (a college in existence from 1882-1950) and Whitworth College (a college in existence from 1858-1928 with transcripts also archived at the Lincoln County Public Library). Both Millsaps College and Wood College transcripts can be ordered from the Clearinghouse. For transcripts from the other institutions, please contact the Office of Records at Millsaps College at [email protected].

Ordering an Unoffical Transcript

Unofficial transcripts are only available for Millsaps College alumni. Unofficial transcripts are free of charge and are printed on standard white paper with an unofficial stamp across each page. Unofficial transcripts can be faxed, mailed, emailed or picked up in person with a photo ID.

You must submit your request in writing with your signature; see request form.

Current students can access their unofficial transcript on Major Portal. Once you log in to Major Portal, click “Student Planning.” A new menu will come up. From that screen, on the top there will be a student planning menu that looks like arrows. Open it up and click “Unofficial Transcript.”

Enrollment and Education Verifications

Procedure for Requests

For Third Parties: The Office of Records provides enrollment/education verifications to third parties without a student’s signature, in full compliance with FERPA’s Directory Information. Companies should email [email protected] or fax their request to 601.974.1114. A signed release from the student is required if GPA information is requested.

For Current Students: To request an enrollment/education verification, login to Major Portal and click “Enrollment Verifications.” Once you come to the next screen, click “add new request.” Fill out the fields and click submit. The Office of Records will then process your request. See an example of a standard enrollment verification letter. If you want us to add information to the letter such as your academic standing or GPA, please write in the “comments” field what additional information you need before submitting the request. If you plan on picking up the letter yourself instead of us sending it out, please mention that as well.

For Previous Students: Request an enrollment/education verification by filling out this form.

Please note that it is the policy of Millsaps College to not provide pre-enrollment education verification letters for students who plan to attend Millsaps but have not yet attended. Thank you for your understanding.

Transfer Credit and Articulation Agreements

Please refer to the College Catalog for the policy on transfer credit. However, to give you an idea, this report shows what Millsaps College has accepted as transfer credit in the past, organized by institution. For transfer credit from Mississippi Community and Junior Colleges specifically, please refer to this articulation guide or see an updated list of classes here.

Credit by Examination

Students entering Millsaps College may earn a waiver of certain requirements or college credit as a result of their performance on specific examinations, such as the Advanced Placement (AP), Cambridge International A-Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP). To see a list of exams that Millsaps College may offer credit for, see here. Please also refer to the Credit by Examination policy in the College Catalog.

Upcoming Events


Latest News

Q&A with Victoria Gorham

Q&A with Victoria Gorham

Millsaps was a transformative institution for me. I always knew I wanted to teach at a liberal arts college like it when I finished graduate school.

read more